Imphal, The Hump and Beyond
U.S.A.A.F. Combat Cargo Groups of the Second World War
1st Combat Cargo Group
|1. Gander, New Foundland, Canada to Lagens,
Azores, Portugal 1530 miles initial heading from Gander East-Southeast (107.0 Degrees).
2. Lagens, Azores, Portugal to Marakech, Morocco. 1142 miles initial heading from Lagens, East-Southeast (102.5 Degrees).
3. Marrakech, Morocco to Oran, Algeria. 424 miles-initial heading from Marrakech, East-Northeast (66.6 Degrees).
4. Oran, Algeria to Tunis, Algeria. 231 miles initial heading from Oran, East-Northeast (72.6 Degrees).
5. Algiers, Algeria to Cairo, Egypt. 1681 miles initial heading from Algiers, East (97.7 Degrees).
6. Cairo, Egypt to Abadan, Iran. 986 miles initial heading from Cairo, East (83.6 Degrees).
7. Abadan, Iran to Karachi, Pakistan. 1247 miles initial heading from Abadan, East-Southeast (103.5 Degrees).
8. Karachi, Pakistan to Sylhet, India. 1574 miles initial heading from Karachi, East (91.5 Degrees).
9. Sylhet India
Map Legend by S/Sgt. Larry Greenfield, 4th Combat Cargo Squadron
Back to 1st Combat Cargo Group Page
Back to Combat Cargo Home Page
I am looking for former members of the 3rd Combat Cargo Group, 1st, Combat Cargo Group, 2nd Combat Cargo Group and the 4th Combat Cargo Group. In fact I would like to hear from anyone who flew over the Hump during WW II, or flew any Combat Cargo Missions at any time (Berlin Air-Lift, Korea, etc.)
Please e-mail comment, suggestions, corrections,etc to: email@example.com
Imphal, the Hump and Beyond Copyright © 1999 Bill Bielauskas All rights reserved.
Notice to all Viewers:
All stories and images within "Imphal, The Hump and Beyond, U.S.A.A.F Combat Cargo Units of the Second World War", are Copyright ©1999, to the Veteran who submitted the text and/or photographs and to Bill Bielauskas, Webmaster at "Imphal, the Hump and Beyond, U.S.A.A.F. Combat Cargo Units of the Second World War". All rights reserved. No part of this page, or those connected via links, either text, or images may be used for any purpose other than personal use. Storage, reproduction, modification on a retrieval system or transmission, in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying or otherwise, without prior written permission of the Copyright © holder(s) is prohibited.
This includes storage on another Internet Website other than "Imphal, the Hump and Beyond, U.S.A.A.F. Combat Cargo Groups of the Second World War"
Bill Bielauskas 10 Cayuga Trail, Wayne, NJ. 07470-4406